Some lipsticks last longer than others mainly because of their oil content. The higher the oil content, such as lipgloss, the quicker it will wear off. The lower the oil content, the longer it lasts on the lips.
The next time you go shopping for a lip smacking product to jazz up your lips consider this:
- Lip gloss wears off rather quickly, because of the high concentration of oil found in lip gloss.
- Cream lipstick, is longer lasting than lip gloss, but it still doesn't wear as long as matte lipstick.
- Matte lipstick wears longer than cream lipstick, however, it is dryer than cream lipstick and more difficult to apply to the lips. A lip brush is especially useful for matte lipstick.
- Longer wearing than matte lipstick is long lasting, or long wearing lipstick. While long lasting/wearing lipstick may be your answer to color staying on your lips, the problem is that it can be extremely drying and difficult to apply. So if you already have dry lips, you may want to rethink your purchase.
- The longest lasting lip color actually is not lipstick at all - it's lip pencil. However, if you have ever used a lipstick to completely color your lips, you know how difficult it can be to apply, and how it dries the lips.
The best thing to do when shopping for lipstick is to buy what you love, but if it's drying, don't wear it everyday.