Saturday, March 14, 2009

My favorite relaxation method (unfortunately I forget it too often)


The best way that I have found to relax my entire body, including my brain that should be diagnosed as hyperactive, is this:

After taking a warm bath (not required, but it helps get me into the "zone"), slip into my cozy PJ's, climb into bed with a lavender scented candle burning, and then lay flat on my back with my arms slightly away from my body.

Beginning at the tips of my toes, I focus on each part of my body, an inch at a time, reminding myself to relax. I work this relaxation technique from the tips of my toes, all the way up my body, not forgetting the tips of my fingers and muscles in my arms. When I reach the neck area, which seems to be a focal point of stress for me, I spend a little extra time in this area before moving on slowly to the top of my head. This relaxation technique usually takes 20 minutes and I am always amazed at how good I feel when I'm finished.

I hope you are able to try this sometime. It's almost as good as getting a massage at a spa.


We have more beauty secrets waiting for you at http://www.makeupandbeyond.com/

No comments: