How to Choose a Good Walking Shoe
- As you walk, downward pressure is applied to the arch; therefore, it is important to select a shoe with an arch that supports YOUR arch.
- Take a clean pair of your socks with you when shopping for shoes. If you normally wear a thick sock, using the thin stockings provided at the shoe store will not give you the adequate space needed in the shoe once you get them home.
- Have your foot measured with YOUR socks on your feet.
- Your feet typically differ in size. Choose a shoe that fits the larger foot with a one-half inch space between your largest toe and the end of the inside of the shoe.
- Try both shoes on your feet and walk around the store to make sure they feel comfortable. If they don’t, put them back. Shoes don’t break in, feet are forced in.